As a mama of a little boy, my biggest struggle is finding my son cute, neutral clothing pieces. I cannot tell you how many times I have tried searching for boy clothes and they all come out with Winnie the Pooh or Mickey Mouse on them! Trust and believe that I have already gone on a rant about this subject on Instagram. My son will be a year old on April 22nd and I still have trouble finding cute, plain clothing items.
However, I have found a few stores that have cute and plain pieces for Julian that do not contain a cartoon character… Okay, let’s face it, everyone is slapping Mickey’s face on at least one piece of clothing item, but I am going to try my best to share the basic pieces with you. In case you are a boy mama in the same ugly boat, here is where I like to shop for my baby boy.
- Amazon – Amazon is great for those trendy, cute, plain outfits for baby boys; however, they can get pricy! Babies grow so fast and sometimes only wear an outfit one time. So I like to buy stuff when they are on sale, or the sizing is a wide range so that he can wear the pieces for a longer period. Down below is a romper that is gender-neutral that I have purchased for Julian and he looks so cute in it! I actually bought it in a few different colors.
- Old Navy – Most of the time Old Navy has some pretty reasonably priced pieces, I can find items on sale for the most part. Beware; they do have some pieces that contain characters, but they are pretty cute and I have yet to come across that Pooh Bear. Old Navy is also where I found my baby some basic baseball hats that I was looking so hard for.
- Walmart – Walmart has very inexpensive clothing pieces, as well as basic pieces. I love the baby jeans and the just plain colored pants. I can always count on Walmart to have something cute and cheap.
- Target – I haven’t purchased any boy clothes from Target just yet, but I did go scope them out and they had a lot of cute basics for boys. They also have some cartoon character stuff, if that’s what you are into.
- H & M – This is another store that has really cute basic items for boys, but they also have some questionable items such as Mickey Mouse and nautical outfits. I am just trying to keep it real here!
By all means, if you are into the cartoon characters, please continue to dress your baby how you please and don’t get offended by what I write in this post. These are all my opinions and not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings, with that being said, I hope that you enjoyed this post! If you have any recommendations for me, please leave them in the comments, I am always looking for new places to try out for Julian. Make sure to follow me on all socials!
Shop Julian’s Looks
Grey and White Striped Shirt : Old Navy
Baby Boy Jeans: Walmart
Black Shoes: The Children’s Place
Black Sandals: The Children’s Place
Red Shoes: Similar – Amazon